For your reference:
After a 7 month break, work was rather hectic,the repaint is complete. THIS is candy red … not the horrible Barbie magenta mis-tint abomination I sprayed last Nov. After a few days it will be ready for polishing.
This is an aluminum casting that had a pretty ugly parting seam and damaged paint. Below is the result of a quick polish … fail. So I decided to reshape this piece with a file then some 100-600 grit sanding and then polish. There’s two of them, so I guess I’m half way done.
While replacing a spent clutch I found that the motor is drooling oil from one or all of the following places: oil pan gasket, valve cover, crank position sensor, front crank seal. :/ I feel like I should just pull the motor and do a timing belt job while I am at it.
This site will be dedicated to the documentation of my many projects.
The restoration of a 1967 Yamaha Yds5,
wooden Thistle sailboats,
and my home in Northeast Kansas City.