What a great Craigslist find. Full FM intake kit with new BOV and O2 signal modifier for half price. Best part is I sold some stuff I had sitting around on Craigslist to pay for it!
This is what I started with.
This is an aluminum casting that had a pretty ugly parting seam and damaged paint. Below is the result of a quick polish … fail. So I decided to reshape this piece with a file then some 100-600 grit sanding and then polish. There’s two of them, so I guess I’m half way done.
While replacing a spent clutch I found that the motor is drooling oil from one or all of the following places: oil pan gasket, valve cover, crank position sensor, front crank seal. :/ I feel like I should just pull the motor and do a timing belt job while I am at it.